
Yes, I know that you are probably tired of hearing about all the beauty and fun we are experiencing over here but I just have to share a few things so I will not forget. I always make a journal by hand on trips, so I have been doing that as well. Today, Thursday, (it is still Thursday here even though it is 2 am back home and already Friday), we went to Kahuna State Beach and enjoyed a full morning of sand castles, waves, saltwater, snorkeling, and beautiful scenery. Brent thinks it was the kids favorite event so far. I might have to agree. They got so excited to play in the waves and to dig sand and throw it back into an oncoming wave. Caleb was so tired that he fell asleep in the stroller while we were cleaning the sand off of our feet before leaving. He stayed asleep even while I changed his diaper and put clean dry clothes on him. He took another 2-3 hour nap today. We came back to our Condo and ate lunch then Brent was off to play 18 holes of golf and I took the kids to a store called Giggles that was recommended to us and then to the market to buy some groceries to make dinner. We then picked Brent up after golfing-he shot an 82-not bad considering he scored a 7 on a par 3, he was proud of his 2 birdies and loved playing the course. We then grilled some steak and burgers for dinner, made sweet corn and baked potatoes. We ate outside using our private Lanai. Lanai is Hawaiian for patio or outdoor space. The kids were exhausted and fell into bed tonight.

Last night we took in a spectacular sunset and some fun visiting dolphins and playing at this hotel nearby that has boats, a monorail and a great lagoon filled with waterfalls, pools, rope bridges. The kids had a great time!
This first picture is a baby dolphin born here on Easter of this year.
This was one of my favorite moments from the day-my two happy children skipping up the path singing at the top of their lungs, so innocent and carefree. It was a sight to behold and it made me smile. Brent got it all on video.....



Not the best picture-of course Dad I am talking while Brent is snapping the photo and Caleb is beyond exhaustion at this point- but it was a beautiful sunset. I am going to go to bed.....All for now......
1 comment:
aloha holly,
whoohoo hawaii is b-e-a-u-tiful!
i love love the first picture of caleb waiting for another wave.
the waterfall pathways look just like koolina golf course. awesome!
thanks for sharing your vacation
journal with those of us in the
rockies with the intermintent brown
cloud. i would so love to see a palm tree or a wave rolling in at my bare feet right now. it's real real hot here. you've been missing
temps in the l00's range. been
walking...kinda boring without you.
except for the prayer part.
miss you tons,
nAnnAlYnn
Post a Comment