Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our week wrapup....

We had a busy week with a whirlwind of activities surrounding the first day of school for Halle, my sister visiting with my niece and nephew, one last day of swimming at Pirates Cove complete with Halle's first bee sting, scrapbooking and other crafting, lots of late nights-not used to those, attempts at organization, working, birthday parties, and lots of fun! Halle is now through her first full day of Kindergarten-WOW! She loved it and especially loves her Teacher, Mrs. Sanderson. I had the privilege of taking her into school on her first day and then Brent and Caleb met us for the all school kickoff chapel service. They opened it up with prayer and some powerful worship. I guess I was a little surprised to see so many teachers and parents and students worshipping the Lord on a Thursday morning in an Elementary and Middle School Gymnasium. They put on a skit and announced the theme for the year as being the names of God. I think it is going to be great! She came home brimming with exciting stories of her first adventure in Kindergarten and told me a secret right out on the front lawn when we arrived back to pick her up....the secret was that she was able to get up onto the swing all by herself. She even commented that when the bell rang she just quit pumping and just jumped off all on her own to make it back to class. She was beaming with pride, and I think I was too....I AM very PROUD of our little school girl who is definitely growing up more and more each day. I have tried 4 or 5 times to upload pictures and it does not seem as if that is going to happen so I will share pictures later of the first day, my completed layout and crafting projects, and more.....

1 comment:

nAnnAlYnn said...

holly--
now it's not a secret...but that's a
very cute story. it's amazing what
that little one is concerned with.
i'm continually amazed by her thought process at age 5. looking forward to
the 'first day of school' pics and
your LO creations.
nAnnA