Friday, June 20, 2008

First Day of Summer


I am loving this picture I took today. It reminds me of the beautiful day and the blessing of Halle in my life. She loves to swing and does so the moment her feet hit the edge of the park. I can remember as an infant she hated to swing and had to be encouraged to do so. Now there is no stopping her. Keep on swinging Halle!

I have to admit that this day started out with a sub par attitude on my part and just lots of negative thoughts and lack of motivation. Yes, it is a beautiful day, and yes, I had a long list of to do's, but my morning was one of lots of spinning my wheels and not much was happening or getting done. I even started the day at 5:30 with a brisk morning walk with my favorite walking partner, my mom, and some much needed prayer concerning lots of things. I think my children just needed some attention and time from me so I gave it to them and finally decided to just enjoy this first day of summer with them and since I wasn't accomplishing much, the decision was made to join them in their happy attitudes and playful hearts. Halle was begging for a walk and Caleb just loves the outdoors so we packed up a picnic lunch and walked down to our little neighborhood park for some sunshine therapy in God's beautiful creation. Daddy made it home just in time to join us.:)





After an hour or so my attitude seems to have turned upwards because I am trying to set my mind on things above not on things of this earth Col 3:2-according to the great sermon I heard on Sunday. If you have a day where things don't seem to work out the way you would have liked, or if you just are not motivated- set you mind on the things above and it truly does change everything. Looking forward to more summer memories!

No comments: